Wednesday 12 December 2012

Bee happy

Hello everyone and welcome!

Bee happy, well that is what I was when I had a little window of time yesterday to create something fun, just for the sake of it and totally not Christmas related for once!!
A while back I got these wonderful little mini canvasses, in my local pound shop, you got 4 for £1 (that's well under $2!) They are only just under 3" square and probably not the best quality but I am sure they will look great grouped together on a larger substrate, something I definitely want to try in the not to distant future.
This one was just to have a play about with.
I started by creating some texture first, I used Viva Ferro scraped through a stencil. I dried it with my heat gun to puff it up and then played around with various acrylic paints.
The flower was created with the help of a bit of a paper napkin
The bee was stamped twice, first of paper and then on a piece of acetate. I cut and coloured the first one and glued it on, I then cut just the acetate wings and glued them on the paper one for some added dimension.
The sentiment was computer generated. Here are a couple of close ups still.

The light here is so bad that I keep having to take photos by electric light which adds this horrible shine, so I apologize for that, however, there is quite a bit of real shine on the project too, because, guess what, my final step was once more to add some Treasure Gold to some of the raised bits, love that stuff!

Well I hope you take some time for yourself too in these busy days, stay crafty and bee happy!!

18 comments:

Sylvia Blum said...

ohhh...what a stunning canvas you've created Astrid! Love all the texture and golden shine! Gorgeous details!
{hugs} Sylvia

Maryann Laursen said...

Sooooo beautiful as always Astrid. I love all the perfect details in everything you ever make and also this canvas here. It looks awesome.

froebelsternchen said...

I AM happy when I see such a pretty little canvas! I am courios of what you plan .. with more of them on a larger substrat!

have a good day!

Inkypinkycraft said...

a great make ..I am hoping santa will bring me some treasure gold!!I have been good!
love the bee too trace x

Ros Crawford said...

They look lovely ... you've turned some inexpensive into a treasure!

Ros Crawford said...

They look lovely ... you've turned some inexpensive into a treasure!

babbsy said...

Ist das eine wundervolle Arbeit!
Grüße von Renate

Unknown said...

Another gorgeous creation!! Love all the colors.

Marisa Job said...

This is a beautiful canvas!! Your choice of colors is stunning!! Love it!!

Bärbel said...

Astrid, das ist ein wunderschöner Wandschmuck und dazu großartig gestaltet!

Dorthe said...

It is a wonderful piece, Astrid,-
The stamped bee, with acetate wings a gorgeous idea, which make the wings shine ,like the real ones,-and look so beautiful, and the Treasure gold looks so rich and amazing.
Would it be ok to ask you where to buy that ,dear Astrid? I would love to try it-I`m such a gold.glitter-lover ,:-)
Hugs,Dorthe

Hetty said...

Wauuuw wat een super gave creatie

gr hetty

Words and Pictures said...

Completely scrumptious - what texture and patinas and amazing rich colours! A real feast for the eyes...
Alison xx

Netty said...

Loving your canvas with its fab textures, x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Oh the layers of goodness...fab texture! Love the colors!!!

Sandie said...

I've never heard of Veva Ferro, sounds interesting as I love the texture of your creation. What a bargain those canvas were, and I cannot wait to see when you make a larger compilation using smaller elements. Beautiful, as always Astrid.

annemarks said...

Beautiful mini canvas, its hard to imagine all those gorgeous elements being so small!

Shirl said...

Guess who is off top the pound shops. Wish I had playtime with all your fabby paints and materials.

Hugs Shirley x x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key