Saturday 17 December 2016

Mailart

Hello lovely visitors! Some of you may have seen that Paperartsy are having a mail art challenge right now. Well I love mail art, and really needed a break from all the Christmas projects. I hardly ever play in challenges, but this one I could not resist... So here goes, my mail art envelope:
I made my envelope using a really old piece of scrapbook paper, no idea from whom, but it was dark brown with rulers printed on. I covered it with gesso, and as it dried it turned this rather cool (I think) grey blue colour. I gave it a spritz of Ground Espresso Distress Ink Spray, dabbed it with kitchen roll and then played around with a number of different Tim Holtz stamps, using Snowflake Fresco paint, and a dark brown Big Brush pen to ink up my stamps.

I also added some collage elements, fussy cut and stamped, just to add a bit more interest.
This is what the back looks like:
Done in a very similar way, again, mostly using stamps from Tim Holtz Correspondence set.

I really enjoyed making this and plan to do a few more. If anyone would be interested in a swap, - leave me a comment. Mailart envelopes are sent just as they are, closed with nothing inside, like ATCs they are just an art exchange. If you are new to mail art, there are some super examples and a lot about the whole concept HERE. I am adding this to the Paperartsy Mailart Challenge

Well that's it from me for today. I'll be back tomorrow with just a little sneak peek for Shimmerz.
Happy weekend and thanks so much for your visit!

12 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic envelope, looks great. Hug, Valerie

Brenda Brown said...

Love your beautiful mail art xxx

chrissie said...

Wonderful envelope and your papers will be just right for this sort of challenge--must have a look and see if I have time to join in

Love Chrissie xx

Meggymay said...

Love the mail envelope with all the background detail on both sides, I can just imagine the postman's surprise delivering this beautiful envelope.
Yvonne xx

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous mail art envelope, just love all the details you've added.
Avril xx

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

This is lovely. Thank you for the info on connecting to the post on Mail Art. Would be a fun exchange at some other date. Holidays have me so busy I am passing on many fun projects. Enjoy and be MERRY, MERRY

fairyrocks said...

Gorgeous layering. Someone would be very lucky to be on your mail out list! Wishing you and yours the best of the season. Keep smiling and creating.

Maryann Laursen said...

Gorgeous as everything you ever do Astrid, really beautiful work.

Words and Pictures said...

Scrumptious mail art - I love all that layered stamping - the fine detail of the white showing through the ageing inky layers. Perfect stamp choices, of course. Really lovely to have you playing along at PaperArtsy!
Alison x

sarascloset said...

Beautiful mail art, and wow! What does it feel like to be doing something other than holiday cards? Love this, and the exchange sounds wonderful! Wish I could participate, but having sent a few things overseas lately, I find I just cannot afford it! Sending hugs!

Redanne said...

Oh wow Astrid, I love this and wish I could create something half as beautiful as this. Some very lucky person is going to receive a beautifully elegant and vintage piece of mailart! Hugs, Anne xx

A Pink said...

Just love your mailart! Astrid . Its something I've never made myself but you make me want to try. How lovely it must be to receive a work of art envelope before you even open it.
hugs x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key